[Savannah-help-public] backup tape space

From: Ward Vandewege
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] backup tape space
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 12:00:04 -0400

Hi all,

As you know, the FSF backs up Savannah every night via rsync, and these
backups are written to tape every week.

Currently, the total backup set is about 666GB. The Savannah backups are
almost 200GB of that. Obviously, the smaller the backup set, the faster
backups are finished, and the easier it becomes to restore things from tape.

Are there old files on Savannah that are not necessary anymore? If so, could
you remove them? Or if there are large directories that should not be backed
up, could you tell me their paths so that I can exclude them from the rsync?

For instance, the /root/Trash folder is 100GB (!). I assume the contents of
this folder is well, trash. Can something be done about this?

Thanks,
Ward.

--
Ward Vandewege <address@hidden>