Re: [Savannah-help-public] Re: coreutils is moving to distributed versio

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-help-public] Re: coreutils is moving to distributed version control
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 00:27:10 +0100

On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 10:18:22AM +0100, Jim Meyering wrote:
> Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden> wrote:

> >> Thanks!
> >> Looks good.  Does anyone else have write (push) access to that tree?
> >> At least for now, I would like to be the sole user with such access.
> >
> > In the infrastructure I have in mind, this is a group-shared
> > repository, accessible by members of the 'coreutils' project.
>
> My plan is to use the savannah repo solely as a publishing point for
> the coreutils.  I can already use git to exchange change sets with other
> developers independently of that repository.
>
> > If you need a repository just for you, we'll have to think about
> > something (like creating /srv/git/coreutils/meyering.git, or
> > parametring $GIT_DIR/info/allowed-users via a web-based interface).
>
> The latter would be nice, since there should be only one
> coreutils repository on savannah.

I'm working on a general web interfaces for managing CVS hooks. I
currently focus on CVS notifications but this should apply easily to
this kind of job later on.

Do you already know by which mean it would be preferable to restrict
the access?

Aside from that git.sv.gnu.org is now registered in the DNS:
http://git.sv.gnu.org/gitweb/