[Savannah-help-public] creating a new mailing list

From: Karl Berry
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 19:42:50 -0600

So I went to create a new mailing list (bug-gzip, to replace the alias
to Jean-loup that was in the aliases file), and ran mycreate_list.pl to
do it.  Was this wrong?  The list seemed to get created ok, in the usual
mailman way.

https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/ListServer seems to say this
"manual" way is outdated, but I see no alternative offered.

https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/MailSystem talks about a fake
/usr/sbin/newlist, but not how to invoke it -- through the web
somewhere?  And it sounded like what it does is equivalent to running
the script on lists.

Thanks,
Karl