Re: [Savannah-help-public] CVS access thru port 443

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-help-public] CVS access thru port 443
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 09:15:25 +0200

On Wed, Jul 04, 2007 at 09:30:55PM -0400, Richard Stallman wrote:
> I'm told that we once provided access to CVS thru port 443,
> but no longer.  Some people say this makes it hard for them
> to access savannah.  Can we reenable that?

It was moved from the cvs.savannah.gnu.org IP to the
download.savannah.gnu.org IP because we needed the https port, but
that was quite a while ago. It is still working.

I see that there was a problem with the FAQ, so that the related page
was not showned (orphaned). This is fixed now.
http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/CvsFromBehindFirewall

People who can't access the CVS ports because of firewall outgoing
traffic restrictions need to talk with their sysadmins about the
uselessness of such restriction, and the constraints it imposes on
us. We have yet to receive any carbon-copy of such complaint (as we
asked), which is quite sad.