Re: [Savannah-help-public] CVS access thru port 443

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [Savannah-help-public] CVS access thru port 443
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 12:50:43 -0400

[I sent this message a week ago but did not get a response.
Could we get the discussion moving again?]

    People who can't access the CVS ports because of firewall outgoing
    traffic restrictions need to talk with their sysadmins about the
    uselessness of such restriction, and the constraints it imposes on
    us.

I am sure they have tried to do so.  Maybe some succeed in convincing
their sysadmins, while others have failed.  Do you have any advice to
offer for how they can say to succeed?

Should I ask Emacs developers who have had this problem to do
something with you?