[Savannah-help-public] [sr #106478] After committed to www project's (ww

From: Sylvain Beucler
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 20:06:41 +0000

I understand it as "We won't change our setup, people have to adapt to us and
not the other way around. For future reference, the reason is: because."

Yet, despite the lack of information from their part, Yavor's post#26 is very
interesting and shows that they implement a sender rewriting scheme (SRS)
which means they accept error returns ("bounces") as long as mail is sent from
their servers.

In this case Savannah is sending mail on your behalf through, well, Savannah,
which isn't their webservers, so this doesn't work. I think I had an issue
with a SPF user quite a while ago but this eventually settled down, but I
can't say why.

So,

We have 2 solutions:

- configure your Savannah account to use a different mail account, one which
accepts basic sender verification, or

- bug the Savannah team into changing the CVS commit notifications so they
don't attempt to send mail on your behalf (and trigger those sender
verifications). This essentially means user won't receive errors ("bounces")
if anything goes wrong. This also means they won't have
sender-verification-related issues.

Advantage of solution #1 is that you can make it work in the next 5mns.

Advantage of solution #2 is that it's probably something we should do.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?106478>

  Message posté via/par Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/