[Savannah-help-public] [sr #107332] Mirror hold files, which are deleted

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] [sr #107332] Mirror hold files, which are deleted on ftp area
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2010 23:13:41 +0000

Update of sr #107332 (project administration):

             Assigned to:                    None => karl

Follow-up Comment #1:

Thanks for the note.  I'll write that mirror maintainer.  The rsync args we
recommend to people do take care of deleting removed-from-server files, but
ultimately, we cannot control what they do.  I'm not sure we should remove
such mirrors if they are otherwise up to date.  Not like we have that many.

If the timing is bad of your release vs. the mirror's syncing, it can be more
than 24 hours, I suppose.  Not sure where we can add a statement that people
are likely to actually see it, but I'll try.

Thanks,
Karl

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?107332>

  Message sent via/by Savannah