Re: [Savannah-help-public] Unable to access gnuspeech svn repository

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-help-public] Unable to access gnuspeech svn repository
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 00:17:23 GMT

Hi David,

Sorry for the troubles.

    [admins-Mac-Pro-3:~/tts] drh% svn import -m "Adding information omitted
    from original import" TextToSpeechInfo --username davidhill

It seems svn import is supposed to take both a path (I assume
TextToSpeechInfo is a new directory you want to add?) and a URL; I don't
see any URL in the command above.  Anyway, I'm doubtful about svn import
for this.

Instead, can you try checking out the current repository and simply
using svn add?  From
https://savannah.gnu.org/svn/?group=gnuspeech this would mean running
something like this to get a checkout of what you've got:
mkdir mycheckout
cd mycheckout
svn co svn+ssh://address@hidden/gnuspeech .

And then cp -r TextToSpeechInfo, svn add TextToSpeechInfo, etc.

    Is there any savannah help for users of SVN? I have looked but found
    very little direct help.

Indeed, I too see very little savannah-specific stuff written about
svn.  For general svn usage (and much more), there is
http://svnbook.red-bean.com, as you likely already know.

    Incidentally, the CVS repository needs to go into the attic.

For that, what you should do is check out the CVS repository per
https://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group=gnuspeech (if you haven't already),
and simply cvs rm -f all the files.

Although it's possible to disable CVS completely, this isn't the right
thing to do for gnu packages, because the package-specific web pages
(http://www.gnu.org/software/gnuspeech) are always managed with CVS,
regardless of what is used for the sources.  (This is what the "webpages
repository" mentioned on https://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group=gnuspeech
is for.)

Just let us know if questions/problems persist ...

best,
karl