[Savannah-help-public] [sr #107716] please do git for homepages - it's i

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] [sr #107716] please do git for homepages - it's is easier than cvs for homepages
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2011 23:22:41 +0000

Update of sr #107716 (project administration):

             Assigned to:                    None => mjflick

Follow-up Comment #1:

> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/newfangle.git/plain/www/index.html
> But that's all that needs changing - have a new handler instead
> of /plain/ maybe call it /mime/ and make it pick the mime type
> from the /etc/mime.types file

Sorry, but I'm not seeing that this is "all that needs changing".  Seems like
there is the question of a savannah interface to control whether /plain or
/mime is used.  Beyond that, presumably you don't want to publicize ugly urls
like http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/newfangle.git/mime/www/index.html (or
http://repo.or.cz/w/newfangle.git/blob_plain/1638dc03995f5879f0c4c8aeaac117f4fe1f5dfa:/www/docs/literate/literate.html
for that matter).

There is some idea of supporting other vcs for the web repos as well as the
source repos, but it involves lots of work by lots of people, so don't look
for it tomorrow.  Sorry.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?107716>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/