[Savannah-help-public] [sr #107716] please do git for homepages - it's i

From: Sam Liddicott
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] [sr #107716] please do git for homepages - it's is easier than cvs for homepages
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 06:50:45 +0000

I was actually quite fine using those URLs.

(The repo.or.cz url can have a tag name instead of the hash that I showed).

Savannah already lets you specify the home-page URL so that bit is already
done.

People knowing to use "/mime/" instead of "/plain/" is a lot less than having
to know about CVS if you aren't used to CVS (and less people are these days).

Maybe an apache proxy/re-write rule could be written to map and passthrough
http://www.nongnu.org/PROJECT/.* as
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/PROJECT.git/plain/www/.*

I'll experiment with with and provide a suitable rule. It would depend on
mod_proxy being enabled but I can make it dependant on the existance of a
"magic file" in the web space to make it easy for it to be turned on or off

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?107716>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/