[Savannah-help-public] Correct no-redirect download URL

From: Dmitry Marakasov
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] Correct no-redirect download URL
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 00:05:02 +0400

Hi!

I'm member of FreeBSD Ports (1) team and I have a question about
Savannah download/mirror system.

For projects hosted on Savannah, we use set of mirrors ([2], see
MASTER_SITE_SAVANNAH+=) including
http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases-noredirect/. This URL
seem to be obsolete, as despite of "-noredirect", it does redirect to
http://download-mirror.savannah.gnu.org/releases/. We need a
no-redirect URL because ports system doesn't honour redirects as
they mainly indicate dead sites which redirect to html pages, which
confuse out own download code and mirror system. We also need to
have the original site in the download URLs list to handle fresh
releases which haven't distributed among mirrors yet.

I've looked at http://download.savannah.gnu.org/mirmon/savannah/
mentioned in our makefile; it lists download-mirror.savannah.nongnu.org
which doesn't work so now I'm a bit confused on which mirrors we
should use.

Will it be correct to use http://download-mirror.savannah.gnu.org/releases/
+ set of mirrors with < 1 day lag from mirmon?

If that's the case, the mirmon should likely be fixed to show
download-mirror.savannah.gnu.org instead of
download-mirror.savannah.nongnu.org.

Thanks.

[1] http://www.freebsd.org/ports/
[2]
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/Mk/bsd.sites.mk?rev=1.555;content-type=text%2Fplain

--
Dmitry Marakasov   .   55B5 0596 FF1E 8D84 5F56  9510 D35A 80DD F9D2 F77D
address@hidden  ..:  jabber: address@hidden    http://www.amdmi3.ru