[Savannah-help-public] [sr #106581] doing something about stale jobs?

From: Brandon Invergo
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] [sr #106581] doing something about stale jobs?
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 11:31:57 +0000

I agree that it should be cleaned up.

I've rethought it and changed my opinion compared to what I wrote to
savannah-hackers-public. Here is how I think it could be handled:

1) Once a posting has been open for one year, contact the poster to confirm
that the position is still open
2) If the position is still open, request that they update the post. If the
position is closed, set the post status to "closed"
3) Once a post has been closed for one year, remove it

The initial clean-up should be handled a bit more leniently, though. For
example, people would be requested to update posts between, say, one and three
years old. After the requests go out and a reasonable amount of time passes to
allow action by the posters, any closed or non-updated Help Wanted ad would be
removed.

>From the user's perspective, this would, first of all, keep the Help Wanted
section fresh and cleaner for browsing. However, by keeping some closed
positions around for a while, the user has an idea of other recently active
projects that would still probably like some help. I think, though, that in
any active project, a lot changes over the course of a year, so after a few
years, a posting becomes essentially irrelevant without some sort of update
from the project managers. That's why I would take a pretty hard-line view
about removing old ones.

By the way, if it's possible with Savane, it might be nice to add a "Status"
column to the Help Wanted listing page.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?106581>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/