[Savannah-help-public] [sr #107991] What's wrong with the atom feed?

From: Torsten Mueller
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] [sr #107991] What's wrong with the atom feed?
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 08:17:50 +0000

             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email: address@hidden
        Operating System: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

I used my project's news feed ...

https://savannah.nongnu.org/news/atom.php?group=pdrx

... on a web page. For this I transformed the five last items of the atom feed
into HTML using an online service called "RSS to JScript" (see
http://www.rss-to-javascript.com/). This worked for a long time but now it's
broken somehow.

I tried a lot. I can see the feed using firefox and seamonkey. Google reader
works well. They don't seem to have any difficulties. Also RSSowl shows the
items correctly.

But many other tools, especially dumb scripts, show a lot of problems with
that feed now. Some validator services tell me the feed or the feed's address
is not valid. Even the Feed Widget on Blogger.com can't handle this feed at
all which is very, very suspicious. What's the reason for this?

Additional question #1: would it be possible to generate an additional RSS
feed? I think many of these services and PHP, ASP and JScript scripts just
don't support Atom 1.0 very well, but older formats.

Additional question #2: does anybody know a better way to display the contents
of this feed on a HTML web page? (PHP is forbidden)

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?107991>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/