[Savannah-help-public] [sr #108017] how to disable SSI for nongnu.org

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] [sr #108017] how to disable SSI for nongnu.org
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2012 09:58:36 +0000

             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
        Operating System: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

I understand that for gnu.org, for uniformity, pages undergo SSI expansion.
For nongnu.org, however, it would be nice if this requirement could be relaxed
(read: completely disabled).  I base this assumption on the comment:

https://savannah.gnu.org/support/?107737#comment8

and in fact, this support request is part of my ongoing quest to get proper
Last-Modified headers served for Guile-WWW index.html (and if that works, for
other nongnu.org projects i maintain, as well).

FWIW, the latest failed attempt, just a few minutes ago, involved writing
literal RFC1123-compliant date in the http-equiv field.  This is ignored by
Apache, apparently, as seen in the dump of the headers in the attached file.

File Attachments:

Date: Fri 06 Apr 2012 11:58:35 AM CEST  Name: headers  Size: 243B   By: ttn

<http://savannah.gnu.org/support/download.php?file_id=25597>

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?108017>