Re: [savannah-help-public] GAP project CVS -> SVN migration

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] GAP project CVS -> SVN migration
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2014 10:56:28 -0700

Karl Berry wrote:
>     [1] Actually there were two wrong commits which could be skipped to
>     give a cleaner layout.
>
> I wouldn't advise going down that road.

If it is already in the project history then I think it is just fine
to leave them there.  But if you still wanted to remove commits for
some reason then you might convert it to svn first and then use
svndumpfilter to filter them out of the history on the svn repository
side of things.  The result is still an svn repository to be imported.

Bob

P.S. Sometimes files need to be removed for license reasons.  Or
sometimes large binary files such as the compiled executables were
committed by mistake and those serve no purpose but do bloat the
repository.  With svn bloat isn't really a problem though.