Re: [savannah-help-public] GAP project CVS -> SVN migration

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] GAP project CVS -> SVN migration
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2014 11:17:51 -0700

Hello Riccardo,

Riccardo Mottola wrote:
> Fine, it took me a bit, the guide is slighty outdated. I had issues
> with default encoding, but eventually managed to do

If you would be so kind as to say more specifically what problems you
had and what you needed to do we would update the guide accordingly.

> 0) wrote to the GAP developer mailing list do refrain from
> committing to cvs (!)
> 1) a single pass of cvs2svn (2.x, so I did not do anything to
> filetype conversion, kept it binary, but otherwise copied the
> options)

Are you talking about the use of --mime-types?  I am rather hoping
projects avoid checking in random binary files at all.

> 2) dumped it as prescribed and compressed it with bzip
> 3) uploaded it in download/gap as gap-svn.bz2, it should be around 25M
> 4) enabled SVN for GAP

Sounds good.

> if everything works fine, I'd expect to find a repo called "gap"
> with user-apps, system-apps and such stuff inside. Please let me
> know!

Yes.  I see the file.  I am starting the svn repository load now.
Depending upon the size of the project history this may take a while.
My notes say that a typical project loads at the rate of one version
per about six seconds.  This might take a bit.

> Let me know when you imported it!

I will write again when the import is completed.

Bob