[savannah-help-public] [sr #108644] comcast.net email addresses do not r

From: anonymous
Subject: [savannah-help-public] [sr #108644] comcast.net email addresses do not receive acount confirmation emails
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2014 09:44:25 +0000

             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email: address@hidden
        Operating System: GNU/Linux
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

I just found that email addresses on *comcast* ( e.g. blah AT comcast.net ) do
NOT receive confirmation emails.

I was trying for the last couple of days to register an account on
savannah.gnu.org, I used 3 different comcast.net accounts and I never received
any confirmation email on any of them (it's been almost 48 hours now). The
accounts work ok, they receive emails from a variety of other sources.
The breakthrough came when, for verification, I attempted to create an account
using a yahoo address and it worked fine, I received the confirmation email
immediately.

I do not know why comcast.net addresses do not work. I will attempt to contact
their support, but given that it is comcast, I'm not sure what are the chances
for a solution. I will post here whatever I could find. Meanwhile, please see
if you can shed any light on this issue from your side.
Possibly no other emails from gnu.org addresses can be received on comcast,
which means that replying to me on the 'originator email' used for this post
likely will not work either (and maybe in the process could help diagnose the
problem if the mail bounces back with an error, etc). I will check this post
for new information.

[ this was also posted as a comment on sr #107629, but since that is about
hotmail instead, is more than 3 years old and somehow stuck in limbo ("Need
Info" status), I hope posting it here as a top level sr# will give it more
visibility ]

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?108644>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/