Re: [savannah-help-public] [sr #106581] doing something about stale jobs

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] [sr #106581] doing something about stale jobs?
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2014 22:05:12 GMT

    2004: "Free Beltane 1":
    Karl - this is your project...
    Last update is 2005...
    https://savannah.nongnu.org/people/viewjob.php?group_id=7024&job_id=375

I created it per rms -- Beltane became nonfree, and when he hears about
that, he immediately wants to fork a free version and look for people to
work on it.  So it should stay (forever), unless you want to take it up
with him.

    2005: "texi2latex": need XSLT developer.
    last code update: 2008.
    last release: 2005.
    https://savannah.nongnu.org/people/viewjob.php?group_id=7104&job_id=379

Well, I suppose it's improbable that anyone will ever come forward, but
we still refer to that project occasionally in the Texinfo world, so I
think it may as well stay until we implement a real LaTeX backend in
makeinfo, which won't be any time soon.

I have nothing against dropping the other jobs you list.
(Especially for projects with no commits ever.  No reason to check about
those if it comes up in the future, just kill them.)

thanks,
karl