[savannah-help-public] [sr #108822] Savannah allows multiple accounts to

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: [savannah-help-public] [sr #108822] Savannah allows multiple accounts to share the same email
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 06:03:51 +0000

and therefore I copy it here to keep the bug log history complete.

> I think it should be fixed, as it's an inconsistent behavior.

I don't see any problem.  I don't see why it is inconsistent.  It is only
required in the savane code that the email field be unique so that it can be
used to uniquely look up entries in the database.  Basically it is because
both the login field and the email field are used for database uniqueness.
Really only the login field should ever be used in the savane strategy.  As
long as the string is unique I don't see any problems with users using
different emails that deliver to the same location.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?108822>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/