Re: [savannah-help-public] freetype: git commit notifications

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] freetype: git commit notifications
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 08:20:04 +0200 (CEST)

>> I ask for another favour: Right now, there are *two* sent emails
>> for a single commit – see attached e-mails.  The first gives a
>> summary, and the second contains the diff.  Is it possible to
>> configure the notification system so that the first one gets
>> omitted?
>
> Yes.  But for the most part that is a good thing.  When there is a
> single commit it does seem excessive.  But when it is a series of
> commits then it is one summary for the entire set.

I agree that it might be helpful for projects like Emacs, where large
changesets are applied, and where such changes are frequent.  However,
FreeType commits are usually very small and normally don't come in
series, so the current list setup essentially means two e-mails for a
single commit, which is IMHO distracting.

> It can be turned off if you really want.

Please do.  Thanks in advance!

    Werner