[savannah-help-public] [sr #108968] "Source code" menu unusable for proj

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [savannah-help-public] [sr #108968] "Source code" menu unusable for projects using git+cvs when the "stone age" menu is selected
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2016 23:30:02 +0000

hi again justus - thanks for this report too. i've noticed that also. i'll see
if i can do something about it, eventually.

meanwhile, as a workaround, essentially the same links (and more) are at the
bottom of a project page in the section "Development Tools".

Bob: without looking at the code, I wildly speculate that it works for
coreutils because they have exactly one "soure code manager" enabled (git), so
"Source code" goes to a separate (git-related) url.  Whereas hurd, texinfo,
administration, etc., all have multiple mgrs enabled (cvs for the web pages
repo), and therefore the link is to an anchor on the project page, which
doesn't actually appear (to the user) to go anywhere.

Which raises the question as to how the CVS disappeared for coreutils, because
as far as I know they do still manage their web pages through savannah (since
there is no other way).  Texinfo doesn't have CVS enabled under "select
features" either, yet the CVS "source code manager" still appears.

Hmm.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?108968>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/