[savannah-help-public] [sr #109007] delete old/unused git repo for nano

From: Mike Frysinger
Subject: [savannah-help-public] [sr #109007] delete old/unused git repo for nano project
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2016 20:25:24 +0000

             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
        Operating System: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

the nano project [1] is still using SVN [2].  a while back, an initial
conversion to git was attempted and uploaded [3], but it ended up not being
used (the svn conversion was too messy).  this should be fairly obvious from
the commit dates in the repos -- svn is still actively used, but the git repo
was never pushed to beyond the initial conversion import.

recently though, a 2nd attempt has been made [4] to convert the svn history to
git and have it be properly cleaned up/tagged/etc...  we'd like to use this
repo as the new git basis [5] so we can finally cut over from svn.

but it turns out we can't rewrite or delete the master branch [6] w/out admin
assistance.  so could someone here help us out ?  if you could just nuke the
current git repo entirely, that'd be fine (since none of the history matches
the new one).  the reasons cited for disallowing deletion do not apply to our
case -- no history/code is being lost (it's all in svn & in the new git repo),
and the git repo that exists today was never actually used by the project.

[1] https://savannah.gnu.org/p/nano
[2] http://svn.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/?root=nano
[3] http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/nano.git
[4] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/nano-devel/2016-02/msg00078.html