[savannah-help-public] [sr #109016] NO CONFIRMATION E-MAIL, NO LOGIN !!

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: [savannah-help-public] [sr #109016] NO CONFIRMATION E-MAIL, NO LOGIN !!
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2016 20:10:37 +0000

Posting this again explicitly CC'ing the originator.

Thank you for reporting this problem. There were actually two issues. One is
that your email service provider is very, very strict concerning
inconsistencies. Much more so than most sites. I think they are too strict and
list them as being half of the problem. I expect there will be other sites
that won't be able to send you email either due to that strictness.

However this did identify a problem with the DNS records used for IPv6
addresses for Savannah's frontend that was sending the email. Modifications
have been made to avoid that problem and I hope these will be sufficient to
deliver email to you. When I submit this posting it will generate an email and
I will use it to monitor and verify that things are working.

Please try it again. Thanks!

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?109016>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/