Re: [savannah-help-public] I can't get the source from git and bzr repos

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] I can't get the source from git and bzr repository.
Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 00:05:07 -0600

I know the problem has disappeared but I wanted you to have a response
so that you would know that we did read your message.

TrucomanX XnamocurT wrote:
> From few days ago, I can't get the source code of my project from git or
> bazaar repository.
> I wait a long time, and later, the clone command returns the next messages.
>
> Git developer case:
> ===================
> git clone address@hidden:/srv/git/bsltl.git
> Cloning into 'bsltl'...
> Connection closed by 208.118.235.72

> git clone git://git.savannah.nongnu.org/bsltl.git
> Cloning into 'bsltl'...
> fatal: unable to connect to git.savannah.nongnu.org:
> git.savannah.nongnu.org[0: 208.118.235.72]: errno=Conexão recusada

> bzr branch bzr+ssh://address@hidden/bsltl/examples
> Connection closed by 208.118.235.72
> ConnectionReset reading response for 'BzrDir.open_2.1', retrying
> Connection closed by 208.118.235.72
> bzr: ERROR: Connection closed: Unexpected end of message. Please check
> connectivity and permissions, and report a bug if problems persist.

> bzr branch bzr://bzr.savannah.nongnu.org/bsltl/examples
> bzr: ERROR: Unprintable exception ConnectionError: dict={'msg': 'failed to
> connect to bzr.savannah.nongnu.org:4155: Conex\xc3\xa3o recusada',
> '_preformatted_string': None, 'orig_error': ''}, fmt='Connection error:
> %(msg)s %(orig_error)s', error=UnicodeDecodeError('ascii', 'failed to
> connect to bzr.savannah.nongnu.org:4155: Conex\xc3\xa3o recusada', 56, 57,
> 'ordinal not in range(128)')

If all of these are failing at the same time I suspect that there was
some network router problem in between you and the servers.  The
failures above make me think that the system is network inaccessible
to you at that time.  It is possible that even if you were otherwise
connected on the net that a router in the middle was failing.  I
suspect that 'ping' would fail.

And then in the later message:
> The problem was fixed, Thanks!!

I am glad the problem was resolved!