Re: [savannah-help-public] Getting Savannah notifications

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] Getting Savannah notifications
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2017 21:55:33 -0600

Hello Steven,

Steven Rubin wrote:
> My project keeps its source code on Savannah's SVN server right now.
>
> I would like to receive an EMail notification whenever anyone makes a
> commit. I've tried everything, but I can't get it to happen.

If you would like commit notifications the process is to make a
request of the Savannah admins and a commit hook can be set up for
you.  This is a function of the version control system and not of the
web site.

> I am "watching" the other members. I also went to the "Edit Personal Mail
> Notifications" and checked "Send notification to me only when the item
> status changed". Still, when one of the people who I am watching made a
> commit yesterday, I got nothing.

Those are for when items in the web defect tracker change.

> Am I missing something?

Those are all for the web site.  You want a hook in the version
control system which runs separately on the back end of things.

What project would you like a commit notification hook set up for?
What mailing list do you want the notification sent to?

Bob