[savannah-help-public] [sr #109635] I lost admin access to the eev maili

From: Bob Proulx
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2019 15:53:22 -0500 (EST)

Multiple items here.

For the mailing list administration:

Mailing lists are quite separate from Savannah.  For mailing list issues it is
better to mail to < mailman AT gnu.org > for help there.  It is a different
set of volunteers mixed with the paid FSF staff.  Let's take care of the
mailing list first and separately since they are independent.

Please send an email to < mailman AT gnu . org > and get the mailing list
taken care of in the right communication group.  It might still be me you are
talking to initially but there are other people in the group who will also be
able to participate and will be included in the conversation.

For the Savannah administration:

I know you didn't know this at the time but let me say this for future
reference and others that might read this...  You created a new account but it
would have been better to post anonymously but say in the CC field your
current email address.  Then we would have worked to recover your existing
account without creating another one.  *IF* recovering the previous account
was possible.  Most of the time it is possible.

A problem for us is how are we to know who is who, who are you, and who is a
malicious attacker?  It looks like you did not register either a gpg key nor
an ssh rsa key.  That makes it much harder to recover an account.  How do we
know it is you and not Mallory?

[[By the way... If you were on the project admin account then a project admin
can through the Savannah interface trigger a password reset of the associated
mailing lists, if the mailing lists are associated.  (Mailing lists are
independent of Savannah and might not be created through the Savannah
interface and would therefore not be known in the Savannah database.)]]

And that is all the time I have at this moment.  Sorry.  I will come back and
visit this ticket again a little bit later and have more time to look into
things then.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?109635>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/