[savannah-help-public] I can't reach the gnu.org web repository (Ruben,

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: [savannah-help-public] I can't reach the gnu.org web repository (Ruben, please read)
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2019 18:56:47 -0400

Ruben, could this bug have been introduced by the upgrade in Trisquel?
This may be the first time I have accessed the repo since then.
The setup of my checkout has not changed; if nothing has
changed on Savannah, that suggests the problem is in cvs.

When I do  cvs up  on my checkout of  gnu.org/philosophy  it gives

Cannot access /web/www/CVSROOT
No such file or directory

CVS/Root in that directory says
:ext:address@hidden:/web/www
which is unchanged from 2012.
CVS/Repository says
www/philosophy

I had an environment variable

export CVSROOT=address@hidden:/cvsroot/emacs

but getting rid of that did not change anything.
I also had

export CVS_RSH=~/bin/ssh-for-cvs

but getting rid of that did not change anything.

--
Dr Richard Stallman