Re: [Savannah-hackers-private] Volunteering

From: Ineiev
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-private] Volunteering
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2020 18:52:49 +0000

On Tue, Aug 25, 2020 at 09:57:22PM -0400, Richard Stallman wrote:

>   > * The requirements for hosting new project
>   > * The user registration and new project registration form
>   > * The documentation and ui for administering the project, such as editing
> description and connecting to git
>
> That makes sense.  Would you like to make a list of URLs?
> We could add them to the list of pages that our translation teams work on.
>
> The Savannah team may need to make some changes so that it can use our
> translation infrastructure.

The Savannah web UI, including hosting requirements and registration
form, is actually localized, we use the TranslationProject; however,
project registration implies the evaluation step, and it is
accomplished in English---in other words, in practice, the admins
of hosted packages have to communicate in English, anyway, so
localizing our wiki is of limited value.

On the other hand, if a group needs some parts of documentation
localized, they just make it and host in the space of their package.