Re: About savannah, KLog and KMeter

From: Jaime Robles
Subject: Re: About savannah, KLog and KMeter
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2021 07:30:20 +0200

Dear all,

Thank you for your time managing this issue.

I need to say that there are some lessons learned from this incident on
both sides.

On Savannah, in my opinion, you can't afford acting like in KLog and
removing a project like this, you may, for instance, disable any writing
rights and users would not be so affected and history of free software
would not lose so much code.

I personally had some copies of all the sources and the mailing lists are
not really containing such a big amount of information so nothing
"catastrophic" happened to KLog  but this may not be the case in other
projects.

IMHO, that was not an action of a reliable partner... and you are not like
GitLab, GitHub, Sourceforge... you represent free software.

On the other hand, as I was saying, lessons learned are on both sides and I
will apply mine.

However, I still think today that hosting KLog in Savannah is for the
community,  better than not doing so even if KLog is an small project, so I
will send a new submission to Savannah with the hope that we don't go this
way again, at least during the same amount of years than the first chapter
of KLog with you ;-)

Thank you for your time.

Jaime