Re: About savannah, KLog and KMeter

From: Jaime Robles
Subject: Re: About savannah, KLog and KMeter
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2021 12:34:07 +0200

Dear all,

After this email, when I dedided to give another opportunity to Savannah, I reviewed again the hosting requirements and did all the changes I identified to be done before applying again for a hosting in Savannah.

It seems that I left something out and it was not fulfilling the requirements, I understand, no issues, I was decided to follow the process and improve whatever had to be improved.

Even if the information was right, when I ask for help to the administrator of a project that is supposed to support free software, I am not expecting such an answer[1], even more after an incident like the one I had with Savannah & KLog where the admin broke the rule of Savannah to remove the software when it is written in Savannah's website that you do not delete software.

I  think that I should not have to remind that your admin created a potential catastrophic damage to an old free software program.

I am expecting help from Savannah, not unpolite or emotional answers.

I have been developing and supporting free software for many years and I know that I am not only coding but sometimes also managing with difficult personalities and egos but honestly, I don't have any need to be in Savannah and if the Savannah admins don't like KLog to be in Savannah, I don't need to beg for their support.

The time I spent with you was a good one but I think you need to improve how you manage your users. Please remember that you will be nothing without users and you have kicked me out of Savannah.

When I first wrote to you it was because some other Savannah staff wrote me in private, suggesting to do so. Stating in an email that they did not understood the way of act of the admin but thet could not help. I would recommend to train your admins on "user management".

I will keep coding in my free time, I do it for fun, no need to spend one single second where my software is not welcome.

Thank you for the hosting and for the support and good luck with your volunteers.

Jaime

[1] https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?15941