Re: Decomissioning vaporware/obsolete/inactive GNU projects

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Subject: Re: Decomissioning vaporware/obsolete/inactive GNU projects
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2021 11:39:13 +0200

> Your proposal sounds good to me.  After looking at our
> method of decommissioning, do you propose any changes in it?

The method looks good to me.
Except this point:

- savannah: status=orphaned; note in summary.

That only makes sense for packages that 1) have functional source code
and 2) have been decomissioned due to lack of maintenance.  IMO we
should not be looking for maintainers otherwise. ("orphaned" implies are
looking for someone to take care of them.)