[sr #110592] Privacy: Please don't include IP and UserAgent in email hea

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: [sr #110592] Privacy: Please don't include IP and UserAgent in email headers
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2022 13:48:34 -0500 (EST)

Thanks for making that change removing User-Agent.  I think it makes a lot of
sense.  It's an arbitrary untrusted user supplied data string.  Not
propagating that seems like a good thing to me.

As to trying to hide email addresses...  I have always thought that was a
questionable practice.  Email intrinsically uses addresses.  It is impossible
to use an email without using an email address.  For people trying to keep it
secret all it takes is ONE public posting anywhere and then the proverbial
genie is out of the bottle and can never be put back in again.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?110592>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/