[sr #110593] copyright year in header/footer stale

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: [sr #110593] copyright year in header/footer stale
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2022 23:28:26 -0500 (EST)

TL:DR; I updated the header and footer Copyright year to 2022.

I looked around and the page header and footer that generates the
copyright notices are these files.

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/administration/savane.git/tree/frontend/site-specific/gnu-content/page_footer.php
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/administration/savane.git/tree/frontend/site-specific/gnu-content/page_header.php

And it turns out that I have updated them previously.  There is an
update in 2018 from me updating the Copyright years.  Which dovetails
in with the previous copyright notices and dates from Karl that list
2010 through 2017.  I guess back in 2018 I should have added a line
for me then.  I didn't then but I will follow the group and add one
for me for this year.

I don't really know deep details about how things are *supposed* to
work with regards to CVS hosted content/gnu-content page_header.txt
and page_footer.txt.  But when I changed these php pages the web site
dates are updated.  Looking in those php files there are no
conditionals.  So I would need to see where those pages are loaded
from and see if there is any conditional loading there, where if other
/etc/savane/content/* exists that that would override or something.  I
have no idea.  Seems plausible.  And seems plausible that mechanism
might be broken.  All I know is that if I update those PHP files then
the web site dates are updated.

Looking very quickly at things I see there is a function
utils_get_content() which apparently is supposed to handle the local
/etc content override.  Something in that path is not working.  I'll
look more into it a little later.

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/administration/savane.git/tree/frontend/php/include/utils.php

I am not sure how I got called out by name to be the copyright holder
of the site either.  Although I have worked on the web UI sporadically
I haven't really put much work into it.  Initially when I read that
statement I thought it must have been a reference to another Bob in
the history of the site.  But in any case I think the FSF should hold
the site copyright even if individual authors have contributed to
various files throughout the project.  We are all just caretakers
maintaining Savannah for the community.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?110593>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/