[Savannah-register-public] [task #4037] Submission of Gnosis

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #4037] Submission of Gnosis
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 11:05:48 +0000

             Assigned to:                    None => Beuc

Follow-up Comment #1:

Hi,

As far as I understand, you want to create a GNU/Linux variant with a focus
on Apple hardware. We have several concerns about this.

Firstly, as mentioned in the registration pages, we do not host complete
distros, distros isos, packages repositories, etc, for space and bandwidth
reasons. We may just offer support for organisational purpose and in-house
developed software (such as iso creation scripts).

How do you plan to use the Savannah services?

Secondly, you mention using Apple's drivers. I doubt those are free software;
can you confirm me this fact?

Lastly, to sum up, can you explain me what will be different from, for
example, the "Yellow Dog" GNU/Linux distro?

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=4037>