[Savannah-register-public] [task #4298] Submission of MicroModel Library

From: Cedric Cellier
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #4298] Submission of MicroModel Library
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 22:40:48 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Open/Closed: Open
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

Site Admin. Approval/Edition URL:
 <https://savannah.gnu.org/admin/groupedit.php?group_id=7740>

###### ORIGINAL SUBMISSION DETAILS ######

System Group Name:
-----------------
  micromodel

Full Name:
----------
  MicroModel Library

Type:
-----
  Official GNU software

License:
--------
  GNU General Public License V2 or later

Other License:
--------------
  It's not "V2 or later", its V2.

No hard feelings about the forthcoming V3, its just that I do not like the
idea of "V2 or anything that could come in the future, even in 35 years when
Microsoft CEO would have took the leadership of the FSF after all other
members mysteriously vanished" :-)

------------
  This software is named MicroModelLibrary, and is a 3D modeling library.

The library allow the user to directly manipulate 3D geometry, but it also
undestand a computer language called MML (MicroModelLanguage), which consists
of simple instructions that perform the 3D modifications (for exemple, the
instruction 'bevel' does bevel the selected edges).

So, programs that use this library does not need to come with huge 3D datas,
but instead can build all neede geometry from a very small MML compiled
'program'.

As this is not easy to write MML code without seeing the result in realtime,
the library comes with a GUI, using Xforms and geomview for its rendering.
This guy is real simple, but had proven usable (at least for a programmer).

The project can be downloaded from my home viewcvs :

http://happyleptic.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/libmicromodel/?cvsroot=Rixed

There is also a cvstrac page here :

http://happyleptic.org:8080/libmicromodel/index

Other Software Required:
------------------------
  The library itself depends on 'libcnt' wich is a cheap general purpose
library Im used to employ, wich is GPL, and downloadable from my home computer
(I don't think this little hack deserves a place in savannah, yet I do not
want to include it into the micromodel package to keep only one version of
it). Download it from :

http://happyleptic.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/libcnt/?cvsroot=Rixed

The modeler GUI rely on Xform (LGPL), geomview (LGPL) and libtiff (looks like
a BSD licenso to me).

Other Comments:

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=4298>