[Savannah-register-public] [task #4371] Submission of Texi2HTML

From: Sebastian Wieseler
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #4371] Submission of Texi2HTML
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 08:01:17 +0000

Hello...

At first, if you are the author, you should be able to change the license of a
file, if not, you cannot change the license from GPL to FDL.
The point "any later version" only says that you can use any later version of
the *same* license as well, but not the version of a later license.
Hope that helps.

At second, I thought I have a look at the wrong source. :-(
Can you pleae point me to the current code?

About the pictures:
It is not enough to include only a link to the license, you had to include the
"whole" license text from
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/1.0/legalcode into the
images/COPYING file.

And please have a look at
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#OtherLicenses, why we prefer to
use the "Free Art License".

Nevertheless, please remove GIF image files from your project and replace them
with an other format (such as PNG or JPEG).

Because of the patents (Unisys and IBM) covering the LZW compression algorithm
which are used when making GIF files,
it's impossible to have free software to generate proper GIFs.  These patents
also apply to the compress program.

For more information, see http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/gif.html.

At last, we will investigate about the copyright assignment papers, because we
do not see that Olaf Bachman had signed such papers. And (almost) only
official GNU projects can sign, so we had to check this issue.

Look forward to your reply, while we will investigate.
Regards,

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=4371>