[Savannah-register-public] [task #4370] Submission of Concurrent Version

From: Mark D. Baushke
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #4370] Submission of Concurrent Versions System
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 16:40:32 +0000

I was a contributor to the CVS sources in 1992 when it was being maintained in
a very ad hoc manner and the primary maintainer changed hands a number of
times.

When I needed to assign copyrights for MH-E development, I went through the
copyright.list file to determine what other projects I had contributed to was
considered by others to be a GNU project. I found it desirable to just assign
the FSF copyright to all of the projects to which I had contributed over the
years: BINUTILS, CVS, EMACS, EMACS MH-E, GCC and GDB. This made things much
easier in dealing with corporate lawyers.

If you feel that I should not have assigned CVS copyright to the FSF, you may
have it assigned it back to me if you wish. You may with to go through the
copyright.list file and cleanup the other assignments as well.

As to the name of the project, I have no objections to any reasonable name,
but I would prefer it not have mixed-case. It is a pity that the ccvs project
started by <bcott> to deal with config-cvs issues could not have been called
config-cvs...

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=4370>