[Savannah-register-public] [task #4525] Submission of NopOS

From: Pablo Guerrero
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #4525] Submission of NopOS
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 13:00:36 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

A new project has been registered at Savannah
The project account will remain inactive until a site admin approve or
discard the registration.

######### REGISTRATION ADMINISTRATION #########

While this item will be useful to track the registration process, approving
or discarding the registration must be done using the specific "Group
Administration" page, accessible only to site administrators, effectively
logged as site administrators (superuser):

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/admin/groupedit.php?group_id=7876>

######### REGISTRATION DETAILS #########

Full Name:
----------
  NopOS

System Group Name:
-----------------
  nopos

Type:
-----
  non-GNU software & documentation

License:
--------
  GNU General Public License V2 or later

------------
  At first, sorry for my english. The idea is develop a simple free operating
system (first the kernel) to learn how it works, and write some documentacion
to help people that is begining like us. There are some free projects like
this, but there are too larges to study, and the documentation is too
dificult.

Now, we have some lines of code, in c and a bit of asm. At first is only for
i386. We use Grub to load the "kernel". Today, the kernel doesn't show
something usefull, but we had implemented IDT and GTD control, a simple
text-mode display and read-only fat (very simple).

We use GPL code for the floppy control. The rest is GPL write by us.

We don't have a URL with the code, but we can send you by mail (less than
1Mb, I think).

In short, we want to learn to write an OS and help others too.

Thanks.

Pablo Guerrero (address@hidden)

Other Software Required:
  Nothing non-free.