[Savannah-register-public] [task #5204] Submission of markonvert

From: Francesco Poli
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #5204] Submission of markonvert
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 23:09:18 +0100

What if I don't consider the so-called ASP loophole as an issue?
What if I don't want to (allow other people) restrict private use of my code,
not even on a public network node?
You are assuming that I regard GPLv2 as too weak a copyleft: how can you be
sure I do?

But anyway, let's not miss the point of this discussion.
Do you realize that you are asking me to give you (the FSF) the right to
arbitrarily relicense my program?
I think this is really asking too much.
If I wanted to give others (FSF or whoever) the right to add arbitrary
restrictions to my code, I would release under a non-copyleft license,
wouldn't I?

The "risk" of me dying right now (thanks for the death wish!) and leaving my
program under GPLv2 only is not a Freeness issue.
My GPLv2'd program will not suddenly become non-free, just because GPLv3 is
out.
Reusing my code in GPLv3'd projects won't be possible, just like reusing it
in proprietary "All Rights Reserved" projects. That's a feature, not a bug.
I will relicense my program under GPLv3, *if and only if* I like the final
text of GPLv3.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=5204>