[Savannah-register-public] [task #5204] Submission of markonvert

From: Francesco Poli
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #5204] Submission of markonvert
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 17:33:09 +0100

I know that the FSF promised that new versions of the GPL will be similar in
spirit to the present one (it's written in GPLv2, section 9.).
Unfortunately, looking at the first public draft of GPLv3, I cannot see any
clear indication that the FSF is willing to actually keep that promise...
:-(

Anyway, this is not the appropriate place to discuss the merits and flaws of
GPLv3 drafts.
I've already expressed my opinions at http://gplv3.fsf.org/

What you've been trying to do here is persuading me to publish my work under
yet unknown licenses (*any* later version!).
I doubt you will convince me by handwaving and by pointing out supposed
weaknesses in the GPLv2 copyleft (such as the so-called ASP loophole).
What you (that is, the FSF) can do to persuade me to release works under the
GPLv3 is publishing a good GPLv3 final text, suitable for licensing *true*
Free Software.
Until I read (and like) the GPLv3 final published text, I won't give
permission to relicense under v3.

Regards,

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=5204>