[Savannah-register-public] [task #6379] Submission of ProxyManager

From: Romain PELISSE
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #6379] Submission of ProxyManager
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 15:33:13 +0000

Hi Patrick,

So there is still incompatibility with Apache 2.0 ? What a shame... The
Apache Foundation seems to have tried to make it as GPL compatible as
possible...

For JDom, i don't think they'll consider it, and i don't want to ask them (
they are quite feed up as it is with this kind of licencing problem ).

Is there no way that i could just use a LGPL licence instead ? JBoss
massively use jdom, log4j, ect... and their source code is under LGPL ?

"Do you agree with one of the previous propositions ?? "

I think you refering to dropping those dependency, well, frankly no. I don't
want to make "bad code" with "bad api" just as a work around for a licence
problem. I rather use LGPL instead. I always encourage free software ( and
open source software) as i believe that access to code make better program...
Free software should not lead to bad software ! At least from my point of
view,...

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?6379>

  Message posté via/par Savannah