[Savannah-register-public] CPL + LGPL = compatible?

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] CPL + LGPL = compatible?
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 23:51:17 +0200

Hi,

There's a Savannah project who would like to publish some code, that
links with several libraries, some (jUnit) under the Common Public
License (CPL) v1, some (jDom, log4j) under the Apache Software License
(ASL) v2.

Of course the GNU GPL is incompatible with both..

It is possible to use the LGPL instead?

Mainly, can the LGPL be combined with CPL? I've never been good with
license, I know from Dave Turner that combining (GPL + linking
exception) and CPL is not possible unless there's also an exception
from the CPL code's copyright holder as well, so I question the CPL
compatibility with the LGPL as well :/

Did you already determine the compatibility between those 2 licenses?

Thanks,

--
Sylvain