[Savannah-register-public] [task #8089] Submission of Balochi

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #8089] Submission of Balochi
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 05:54:01 +0000

> Balochi is very similar to Farsi

Thanks.  I cannot distinguish it from Farsi but I guess that's expected :-)

In this case, provided that there is no problem for inclusion, we'll need
some help from you as the current CSS for RTL languages (Farsi, Arabic and
Hebrew) does not support the new gnu.org style.  We'll have to adopt it.

> I don't know what should I do?

For system support, someone has to write the locale definitions and send a
patch to the glibc maintainers.  This is not very difficult from a technical
point of view, but they only accept new locales that have evidence for
official recognition.  I'm not sure what is the situation with Balochi in this
respect.  You might have success to get the patch included in some GNU/Linux
distros before glibc upstream (that was the case with Serbian Latin and
Asturian, IIRC).

For operating systems that don't use the GNU C library, I don't know what is
the procedure.  But I know for sure that GNU supports many locales that are
not present elsewhere.

For gnu.org translations, please wait for my reply.  I do not expect any
technical difficulties except the CSS tweaking.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?8089>