[Savannah-register-public] [task #12640] Submission of BFGMiner

From: Aljosha Papsch
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #12640] Submission of BFGMiner
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 20:05:08 +0000

Follow-up Comment #12, task #12640 (project administration):

Hi,

I looked over the new tarball. This time I found the following files.

In bitstreams/src/X6000_ztex_comm4/hdl there are some files which contain the
following notices:

// This file contains confidential and proprietary information
// of Xilinx, Inc. and is protected under U.S. and
// international copyright and other intellectual property
// laws.

or

*     This file is owned and controlled by Xilinx and must be used solely
*
*     for design, simulation, implementation and creation of design files
*
*     limited to Xilinx devices or technologies. Use with non-Xilinx
*
*     devices or technologies is expressly prohibited and immediately
*
*     terminates your license.

Any files containing these notices can't be hosted anywhere on Savannah. It's
clearly unfree.

Furthermore, in bitstreams/src/ZtexBTCMiner all files are licensed under GPL
v3 only. It needs to be v3 or later.

My suggestion would be to remove the Ztex stuff. But I don't know if this is
wanted by you and how big the impact would be in your application. In case
it's too big / not wanted, I guess Savannah isn't the right place for this
project.

Sorry for the inconvenience and the long evaluation process, which may now be
useless.

Best regards.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?12640>

  Nachricht gesendet von/durch Savannah