[Savannah-register-public] [task #12865] Submission of IPv6 Subnetting T

From: Aljosha Papsch
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #12865] Submission of IPv6 Subnetting Tool
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2013 18:09:45 +0000

Hi,

You wrote:

> First: [...]
> Second: [...]

Let's do it this way.

> Third: I developed my application using Netbeans IDE and with javac
1.6.0-openjdk. The .jar files under the dist/lib are automatically added since
I used :
> 1. Swing Application Framework, and 2. AbsoluteLayout Manager
>
> However, yes, I think I should have used AWT instead of Swing and Layout
Mgr. libraries, since I don't have Swing libraries sources.
> In this way it would be possible to compile and run my application without
any library dependancy.

I did a quick search for the libraries to find the sources:

* Swing Application Framework:
https://java.net/projects/appframework/sources/svn/show (link can go in the
accompanying README)
* Swing Worker is included in the JRE:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SwingWorker
* As for AbsoluteLayout I didn't find anything useful.

So, the only problem is AbsoluteLayout.jar.  However, according to this page,
absolute layouts can be achieved with no layout manager:
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/uiswing/layout/none.html.

> So let's do in this way: Please " rm -rf * " of my application and I will
try to re-write it by using only AWT, in this way everybody can compile it
without any dependancy on Swing or any Layout manager, and then I can upload
my application when I finished it, right? Or any suggestion?

I'd suggest that you evaluate whether you want to replace AbsoluteLayout.jar
with no layout manager.  It seems to be the easiest way.  Additionally, Swing
is widely used while pure AWT applications are considered antiquated.
However, it's just a suggestion.  This is merely an evaluation where I check
if the project conforms to the requirements, so please feel free to decide
what suits you best.

Best regards.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?12865>

  Nachricht gesendet von/durch Savannah