Re: [Savannah-register-public] [task #13433] Submission of clone of jdor

From: Dan Wasson
Subject: Re: [Savannah-register-public] [task #13433] Submission of clone of jdorn json-editor
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2014 16:10:25 -0500

Assaf,

Thank you for your reply. This is definitely just a private, personal, one-off project, and so I will use another, most likely non-Free, hosting service .

At first I was not going to submit this project since it did seem as though Savannah was only for serious long-term projects, but I decided to submit this one-off project anyway after looking at the Full List of projects and finding many that were unmaintained and even completely empty.

Please be advised, that by not supporting one-off's or personal files based on a user's account (like GitHub's gists), those seeking Free solutions are left without recourse (and I realize I am not in a position to help with your effort at this time).

Hopefully when I retire I will have time to develop a long term public project and will revisit and try to contribute to Savannah.

Regards,

Dan Wasson