[Savannah-register-public] [task #14532] Submission of FRITZ!Box voicebo

From: Johannes Stezenbach
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #14532] Submission of FRITZ!Box voicebox converter
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2017 07:14:08 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

it seems I might have a wrong understanding of Savannah's
purpose, even after I spent much time reading through the
documentation linked on the main page and to the left
under Site Help.
I was searching for a place to publish my source code
as free software and I didn't like e.g. github's terms
of use but I liked everything I read about Savannah.
I also browsed through the list of projects and found
several with similar scope, i.e. small scripts fixing
one or the other small issue.

So far I still don't understand if your concern is about
my project itself (too insignificant in your eyes) or the
resource usage on your servers. You talk about "its
need for a dedicated Savannah group", but what I expected
to get was a public git repo and release tarball download area,
maybe a bug tracker.  It's good Savannah offers more
features but that doesn't rule out projects which
don't need them, right?

If it is a problem for Savannah to provide a place for small
projects then you should clearly document it to avoid
such disappointments.

BTW, I'm not publishing this because I'm proud of my creation,
but because web search showed several other people were
searching for such a tool. There is a need for it.

In case you fear I would try to register tons of more
such tiny projects as ddcci-py and fbvbconv-py: that was
not my intention.  These two are the only ones from the
pile of my software creations that I think have general
interest and a potentially large user base.

I can't predict the future, maybe no one will use it,
or maybe it just works and doesn't need further
development.  But my expectation is to use some of
Savannahs features for future development on it.

Thanks,
Johannes

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?14532>