[Savannah-register-public] [task #14676] Submission of A concise, robust

From: Henri Lesourd
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #14676] Submission of A concise, robust, and extensible syntax highlighting library for the web
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2017 15:17:29 -0400 (EDT)

> hilite.js combines with node.js to make a single executable,
> therefore the GPL must apply to the combination;

Nowhere in our build scripts will you find something that
creates a single executable from hilite.js and node. This
is just not the case.

What you have is that hilite.js is a Javascript program,
and node is the executable, binary program, that loads
hilite.js, and interprets it.

As I said, in no circumstances do we link our C code to
the code of node.

When hilite.js runs, it is _always_ via a call like:
<<
   node hilite.js [PARAMETERS]

, and the C program hilite.c is just a launcher that starts the
command above.

=> Thus, in no circumstances do we combine hilite.js and node
into a single executable, they always remain two separate entities.

=> In this precise context, if doubts remain, could you explain
exactly where would be the problem ?

If, hopefully, on the other hand, my explanations clarified the
issue, I would be more than happy to move on ;-) ...

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?14676>