[Savannah-register-public] [task #15078] Submission of Speech Dispatcher

From: Samuel Thibault
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #15078] Submission of Speech Dispatcher
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2018 13:31:26 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #32, task #15078 (project administration):

> now you basically say that they are so absurd

No, I am fine with the Savannah policies, I completely agree with free
software and that's why I took the time to make all the changes, it does make
sense to put coypright notices where it is due.

What I am saying is that I find the enforcement at the edge of absurd.  I
don't see a difference between "University of Edinburgh, UK\n Copyright 1999"
and "Copyright 1999 University of Edinburgh, UK".  But since it's actually
easy to change, I won't bother trying to fight, I'll just stick with absurd
changes if that can get speechd in, as long as it doesn't hurt users.

What I however want to say is that this kind of extremism can't be helping to
get people into free software, when even people already very much into free
software such as myself find it hard to comply with so strict applications of
free guidelines.

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?15078>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/