[Savannah-register-public] [task #15279] Submission of Gash: Guile as Sh

From: Timothy Sample
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #15279] Submission of Gash: Guile as Shell
Date: Tue, 21 May 2019 17:40:38 -0400 (EDT)

Just a quick followup on the "guile-rules.am" file. It looks like the
essential parts of the file come from Guile itself. Guile has a file
"am/guilec" which serves the exact same function. Sadly, it does not have a
copyright notice! Judging from the commit history, it should be:

Copyright 2008-2012,2016 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

Should I use this? It's not something I looked at when I was writing
"guile-rules.am", but it is (judging by the commit dates and content) the
source of the other files I looked at. The really telling part is the comment,
which was added to the file at about the same time as the mailing list
discussion it references took place. This comment is nearly always copied
verbatim when people adapt this Automake code into their own projects.

I think I will fix up the package in the ways I have mentioned, then create a
new tarball. That way, you can look at the whole result and continue with your
review as usual.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?15279>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/